The studio is open during class hours. Please refer to our schedule page for class hours.
Our 2018/2019 Season runs Monday September 10, 2018-June 3, 2019. Online registration is open.
Our very popular 4 week Pom Clinics are held in the Spring for our incoming freshman & high school students preparing for their freshman, JV & Varsity pom tryouts. Clinics are taught by LAD Instructors Nikki Lazzaretto, Shannon Mulvey & Kristy White. Our 4 week Pom Clinic dates will be posted in February 2019.
Register for each session separately. Class placements for the following dance year are e-mailed to all current students in July. If we feel a student needs a level/placement change within the year our staff will notify the parents. No level changes will be made after February 1st.
SUMMER SESSION- PLEASE REGISTER YOUR STUDENT IN THE SAME LEVELS THEY WERE PLACED IN FOR THE PREVIOUS DANCE YEAR.
Simply click on our Calendar Page for Holiday Closings, Parent Observation Week, Winter and Spring Breaks & all important dates.
TUITION- All Tuition is non-refundable.
Tuition and the annual registration fee ($30/student or $50/family) is due upon enrollment to hold a spot in class(es). Tuition fees and payment schedules can be found on the registration form/waiver on our Register page. Payment plans- FOR TUITION ONLY- are available and must be made through our front desk staff. PAYMENT PLANS ARE FOR TUITION ONLY. COSTUMES, COMPANY FEES AND TICKETS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS AND MUST BE PAID ON TIME. We accept cash, checks payable to “Lincolnshire Academy of Dance” and all major credit card payments in person at the studio or credit card payments online through your account. ALL PAYMENT PLAN ACCOUNTS MUST HAVE A VALID CREDIT CARD ON FILE AND BE ON AUTOPAY TO BE CHARGED UPON ENROLLMENT FOR THE FIRST INSTALLMENT AND ON THE 15TH OF EVERY MONTH FOR A TOTAL OF 8 MONTHLY PAYMENTS. WE E-MAIL MONTHLY PAYMENT REMINDERS ON THE 1ST OF EVERY MONTH. BY CHECKING “YES” ON THE AUTOPAY FEATURE ON YOUR ACCOUNT, YOUR CREDIT CARD IS CHARGED WHEN BALANCES ARE DUE. A 3.5% FEE WILL BE CHARGED PER CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION. There is a $30 NSF Fee placed on all returned checks. PLEASE NOTIFY OUR OFFICE STAFF WITH CLASS WITHDRAWALS/CHANGES. A FULL REFUND (MINUS THE REGISTRATION FEE) WILL BE GRANTED IF A CLASS IS DROPPED BEFORE THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASSES, IF A CLASS IS CANCELLED DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT (UNDER 6 STUDENTS) OR IF YOUR CHILD HAS TO WITHDRAW DUE TO MEDICAL REASONS WITH A DOCTOR’S NOTE. ALL CLASS WITHDRAWALS OR CHANGES MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE OFFICE AS YOU CANNOT DROP OR CHANGE A CLASS ON YOUR ACCOUNT. IF A CLASS IS DROPPED AFTER THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASSES, A CLASS CREDIT WILL BE GRANTED FOR FUTURE CLASSES.
Private lessons are arranged through the office, are offered for enrolled Lincolnshire Academy of Dance students only and are subject to studio and teacher availability. Payment- either cash or check- is made to the teacher directly. Instructors set their own private lesson rate.
Private lessons cancelled within 4 hours will be charged 50% on your account. Private lesson no- shows will be charged 100%.
Our Annual Performances are open and optional for our students and mark the end of our season. It is the culmination of a year of hard work and achievement. Our June Performances are produced with professional lighting, sound & are of the highest standards with age appropriate costumes, music & choreography.
Our 21st Performance weekend will be held at Stevenson High School’s Performing Arts Center on Saturday June 8 and Sunday June 9, 2019.
We hold 4 performances and classes are divided up into those performances.
(Non-Recital Classes – Floor Barre, Pointe 1 and Leaps & Turns) Recital permission slips are e-mailed to parents in October.
All Costumes are made to order and there are no returns or refunds. Parents are responsible for all costume fees.
Pre-Ballet Classes- $60
All Other Classes – $70
Performance tickets are $16, reserved seating & distributed through a third party lottery system in May. Ticket order forms may be downloaded from our Recital Page in early May. All remaining tickets are sold during studio hours and at the door the day of performances.
All of our performances are filmed and edited by a professional videographer and each DVD costs $35. Order Forms are posted on our website’s recital page and available at the front desk.
We hold no formal picture day, but our dress rehearsals are OPEN and pictures and videotaping are always welcomed during those times.
As performances get closer, important information will be e-mailed to all parents and guardians and posted on our website’s recital page for download including recital class listings, the dress rehearsal schedule, performance order, ticket order forms, and DVD Order Forms.
- Please call or notify the studio of any absence or tardiness.
- Students who are late are to apologize to the instructor and ask permission to enter the class.
Missed classes may be made up in any class at the same or lower level within the current session. This includes missed classes due to weather closings. Please either call or e-mail the office to schedule your child’s make-up lesson(s).
Class placement is by faculty discretion only. We place students by age between ages 3-6 and in Musical Theatre and Hip Hop. In all other dance disciplines, age and grade only serve as a guideline. Placement is made very carefully by our experienced staff. In order to maintain the high quality of our instruction, we place students according to ability, not by age, outside activities, or carpools. At the end of each school year, we e-mail class placements for the following year. Please note that at the beginning levels 1, 2 and 3, students should expect to spend 2-3 years in each level as they build their foundation and technique. If a level change is required, our faculty will notify parents/guardians. We are always evaluating our students throughout the year. No Level changes are made after February 1. For more information, please visit our “Classes” Page. ALL NEW STUDENTS CAN TRY A COMPLIMENTARY CLASS IN ANY CLASS THAT IS NOT FULL FOR LEVEL PLACEMENT AND EVALUATION.
Class Placement Requirements-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- Pre-Ballet: Students must be 3 years old by October 1 to participate in these classes.
- Little Hip Hop: Students must be 3-5 years old to participate in these classes.
- Basic Ballet: Students must be in Kindergarten years old to participate in these classes.
- All Level 1 Classes: Students must be in 1st Grade to participate in these classes.
- All Teen Classes: Students must be 11+.
- Floor Barre: Students must be in a Ballet 3 or higher to participate in this class.
- Beginning Modern : Students must be 10 years or older.
- Ballet 4, 5 and 6: 2 Ballet classes a week are required at this level. PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Pointe 1 & 2: 2 Ballet classes per week are required. One should be immediately prior to pointe class. PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Intro. to Contemporary: Must be an enrolled Ballet 4 student-PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Contemporary 1: Must be an enrolled Ballet 5 Student and in High School- PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Contemporary 2: Must be an enrolled Ballet 6 Student and in High School- PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Lyrical 1: Must be an enrolled 3rd year Ballet 3 or Teen Ballet 3 Student- PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Lyrical 2 and Jazz 4 : Must be an enrolled Ballet 4 Student -PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Lyrical 3 and Jazz 5: Must be an enrolled Ballet 5 Student-PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Lyrical 4 and Jazz 6: Must be an enrolled Ballet 6 Student-PLACEMENT ONLY.
- Lyrical 5, Musical Theater Senior, Pre-Professional: Invitation or Audition Only
- Leaps and Turns: Must be an enrolled 3RD YEAR Ballet 3 and/or Teen Ballet 3 student or higher ballet level
- Hip Hop: Placement is by grade. Please see our class descriptions page for Hip Hop Placement.
- Tap: Placement is made by either trial classes or a private evaluation. Tap 1 starts for 1st grade and up.
We are always happy and willing to discuss studio concerns or your child’s progress with you. Please leave a message for the appropriate teacher on our voice mail and we will schedule a time to meet. Please do not try to discuss concerns with the teachers between classes. This will delay the start of the next class. Please communicate only through our phone line and/or faculty e-mail provided on our website, not through Facebook or other social media.
We send home newsletters via e-mail containing important information about upcoming dates and events. Please provide us with the e-mail that you would like to receive these newsletters. Please read everything we send out so you are aware of all important dates and LAD Policies.
The Lincolnshire Academy of Dance reserves the right to cancel classes due to hazardous weather conditions. The safety of our students, parents and staff is our number one priority.
If there is a THREAT of inclement weather, please call the studio before coming to class. A recorded message will notify you if classes have been cancelled 2 hours prior to the first class of the day. We will also post the cancellation notice on our website’s home page and our Facebook page . If the academic schools are closed or after school activities are cancelled in Districts 102, 103, 113 or 125 due to weather, we will also be closed. Classes cancelled due to weather may be made up in accordance to our make-up policy.
Each of our 3 studios has viewing windows for observation. No Parents or outside observers are allowed inside the studios once class has begun. This disrupts the learning process.
We have set aside one week per year for Parent Observation in the studios so you have an opportunity to see your child’s progress. 2018/2019 Parent Observation Week is December 17-22, 2019.
Lost and Found
Please check our lost and found at the front desk regularly. The first of each month the contents not marked with names and/or initials are cleaned out and donated to charity.
- Please drop off and pick up students promptly. PLEASE DO NOT SIT OR PARK IN THE FIRE LANE.
- Students must wait INSIDE the studio lobby for you. Your child’s safety is our number 1 priority.
- Please provide desk staff with babysitter’s, nanny’s or driver’s cell phone numbers.
- Put your student’s name in all of his/her shoes, coats, bags and other belongings.
- Notify the studio of any special needs your child may have and please provide an emergency contact other than yourself.
- Be supportive and respectful to ALL Lincolnshire Academy of Dance students and staff.
- Make sure younger children have gone to the bathroom prior to their class.
- Please check our website for important information and updates. We communicate via e-mail to the e-mail address that you provide upon registration. Please be familiar with all important dates and information e-mailed to you during the year.
- Please be aware of all studio policies, studio hours, dress codes, inclement weather policies and important dates regarding holidays, tuition, recital and registration information.
- OUR STUDIO HAS A NUT FREE POLICY. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM BRINGING ANY NUT PRODUCTS INTO OUR STUDIO.
- PLEASE SUPERVISE ALL YOUNGER SIBLINGS. PLEASE DO NOT LET CHILDREN RUN IN THE LOBBY OR STAND ON OUR FURNITURE.
- PLEASE INFORM OUR DESK STAFF IF THERE WILL BE CARPOOLS AND WHO WILL BE DROPPING OFF/PICKING UP YOUR CHILD BEFORE/AFTER CLASSES.
- WE CANNOT PROVIDE CHILD CARE BEFORE OR AFTER CLASSES. PLEASE SUPERVISE YOUNGER CHILDREN IF THEY HAVE TO BE AT THE STUDIO FOR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME. THE LOBBY AREAS ARE QUIET AREAS SO STUDENTS CAN STUDY. WE DO HAVE A WI-FI PASSWORD AT THE FRONT DESK.
- PLEASE NOTIFY THE STAFF IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE IN THE LOBBY FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME (30 MINUTES OR MORE) EITHER BEFORE OF AFTER THEIR CLASSES. WE CANNOT PROVIDE CHILD CARE BEFORE OF AFTER CLASSES. WE NEED TO BE INFORMED FOR THEIR SAFETY.
- Be on time for your classes. This means in the classroom, dressed properly, and focused on learning. If you are late, please wait until an exercise is complete and ask permission to enter the class.
- Attend class regularly. Have fun!
- Do not leave class without permission.
- Show respect and support for all your fellow dancers.
- Show respect and courtesy to each of your teachers.
- Excessive talking and misbehavior will result in dismissal from class. Please do not wear your dance shoes outside. It ruins your shoes and our dance floors.
- Do not bring valuables to the studio. Please check the lost and found regularly.
- Please be quiet in the lobby while waiting for your class to begin. The lobby areas are QUIET ZONES for those students who wish to study and do homework. No running in the lobby. Please do not jump or stand on any of our furniture. Please use the sign out/sign in sheet at the front desk if you leave the studio at any time in between your classes.
9. NO OUTSIDE FOOD IS ALLOWED IN OUR LOBBY AREAS. DRINKS MUST HAVE A LID OR CLOSED TOP. FOOD PURCHASED AT RESTAURANTS MUST BE EATEN AT THAT RESTAURANT OR OUTSIDE. FRUIT, SANDWICHES OR SNACKS BROUGHT FROM HOME MAY BE EATEN INSIDE BUT PLEASE THROW TRASH AWAY IN THE OUTSIDE TRASH CANS INSTEAD OF OUR LOBBY TRASH CANS. No gum, food or drink in the studios. Water bottles are permissible.
10. The back corridor, staff office and janitor closet is for staff only.
11. Please do not open the back doors at any time. These are emergency exits only.
WE HAVE A DANCEWEAR BOUTIQUE ONLINE FOR YOUR CLASSWEAR NEEDS! WE HAVE PARTNERED WITH CAPEZIO TO PROVIDE ONLINE SHOPPING FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. ALL SAMPLES AND SHOE SIZES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE STUDIO TO TRY ON. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT CLASSWEAR NEEDS ARE FOR EACH CLASS, ORDER ONLINE, AND HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO YOUR HOME!
Students not appropriately dressed will be asked to observe class. This includes missing shoes. This is for the safety of our students.
No jewelry in any class except for medical bracelets and small stud earrings.
Please have all hair accessories packed in your child’s dance bag or have their hair done before coming to class.
Pre-Ballet, Basic Ballet, Ballet 1 & 2: Solid colored leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes-hair in a bun with bobby pins and a hair net. If hair is short, it should be pulled off of face with either a headband or barrettes.
Ballet 3, 4, 5, 6 Teen and Pre-Professional: Black or Navy leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, hair in a bun with a hair net and bobby pins.
Jazz, Musical Theater: Solid colored leotard, black or tan tights, black shorts or black jazz pants, black or tan jazz shoes, hair in a bun with a hair net and bobby pins.
Modern, Floor Barre: Solid colored leotard, black or tan footless tights, black shorts or jazz pants- hair in a bun or ponytail.
Lyrical, Intro. to Contemporary, Contemporary: Solid colored leotard, black or tan footless tights, black shorts or jazz pants, hair in a bun with hairnet and bobby pins. Toe paws or pirouette shoes.
Hip Hop/Little Hip Hop/Funk & Groove: T-shirt or leotard, , shorts, sweat pants or jazz pants, jazz shoes or jazz sneakers, long hair in a ponytail or bun. NO GYM SHOES ON OUR DANCE FLOORS.
Tap: Solid colored leotard, black tights or tan tights, black shorts or jazz pants, black jazz tap shoes- with a solid shank, not split-sole or suede bottom. Hair in a ponytail or bun.