The studio is open during class hours. Please refer to our schedule page for class hours.
2021 Summer session runs July 5-August 13
The studio is closed from August 14-September 12
2021/2022 Classes run from September 13, 2021-June 6, 2022
Online registration is ongoing and tuition will be prorated. Tuition is due upon enrollment.
Class sizes are limited. Registration is first come, first serve. Dress codes are listed on our classes page: click which dance discipline for each class dress code.
Register for each session separately. Class placements are made thoughtfully and carefully for each student. Class placements for the following dance year are e-mailed to all current students after our June performances. If we feel a student needs a level/placement change within the year our staff will notify the parents. No level changes will be made after February 1st. Class placements are not permanent as we always evaluating our students weekly.
SUMMER SESSION- PLEASE REGISTER YOUR STUDENT IN THE SAME LEVELS THEY WERE PLACED IN FOR THE PREVIOUS DANCE YEAR.
- Please call or notify the studio of any absence or tardiness.
- Students who are late are to apologize to the instructor and ask permission to enter the class. If a student has missed a majority of the warm-up, they may be asked to observe the class for their safety.
Missed classes may be made up in any class at the same or lower level within the current session. This includes missed classes due to weather closings. Please either call or e-mail the office to schedule your child’s make-up lesson(s).
We are always happy and willing to discuss studio concerns or your child’s progress with you. Please leave a message for the appropriate teacher on our voice mail and we will schedule a time to meet. Please do not try to discuss concerns with the teachers between classes. This will delay the start of the next class. Please communicate only through our phone line and/or e-mail provided on our website, not via texting, Facebook or other social media.
We send home newsletters via e-mail containing important information about upcoming dates and events. Please provide us with the e-mail that you would like to receive these newsletters. Please read everything we send out so you are aware of all important dates and LAD Policies.
The Lincolnshire Academy of Dance reserves the right to cancel classes due to hazardous weather conditions. The safety of our students, parents and staff is our number one priority.
If there is a THREAT of inclement weather, please call the studio before coming to class. A recorded message will notify you if classes have been cancelled 2 hours prior to the first class of the day. We will also post the cancellation notice on our website’s home page and our Facebook page . If the academic schools are closed or after school activities are cancelled in Districts 102, 103, 113 or 125 due to weather, we will also be closed for in studio classes. Classes cancelled due to weather may be made up in accordance to our make-up policy and will be offered on Zoom.
Each of our 3 studios has viewing windows for observation. We keep the blinds closed at the beginning of classes as to not distract the students. During the last 10-15 minutes, we open the blinds, so you can observe. No Parents or outside observers are allowed inside the studios once class has begun. This disrupts the learning process. Our lobby is a student space. Parents of 3-5 year old dancers may stay in the lobby area. We ask that you drop off and pick up your dancer on time. Please respect our lobby areas and watch younger siblings if they are with you.
We have set aside one week per year for Parent Observation in the studios so you have an opportunity to see your child’s progress.
2021 Parent Observation Week TBD.
Please check our lost and found at the front desk regularly. The first of each month the contents not marked with names and/or initials are cleaned out and donated to charity.
- Please drop off and pick up students promptly. PLEASE DO NOT SIT OR PARK IN THE FIRE LANE.
- Students must wait INSIDE the studio lobby for you. Your child’s safety is our number 1 priority.
- Please provide desk staff with babysitter’s, nanny’s or driver’s cell phone numbers.
- Put your student’s name in all of his/her shoes, coats, bags and other belongings.
- Notify the studio of any special needs your child may have and please provide an emergency contact other than yourself.
- Be supportive and respectful to ALL Lincolnshire Academy of Dance students and staff.
- Make sure younger children have gone to the bathroom prior to their class.
- Please check our website for important information and updates. We communicate via e-mail to the e-mail address that you provide upon registration. Please be familiar with all important dates and information e-mailed to you during the year.
- Please be aware of all studio policies, studio hours, dress codes, inclement weather policies and important dates regarding holidays, tuition, recital and registration information.
- OUR STUDIO HAS A NUT FREE POLICY. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM BRINGING ANY NUT PRODUCTS INTO OUR STUDIO-THIS INCLUDES JIMMY JOHN’S CHIPS AS THEY ARE MADE WITH NUT OIL.
- PLEASE SUPERVISE ALL YOUNGER SIBLINGS. PLEASE DO NOT LET CHILDREN RUN IN THE LOBBY OR STAND ON OUR FURNITURE.
- PLEASE INFORM OUR DESK STAFF IF THERE WILL BE CARPOOLS AND WHO WILL BE DROPPING OFF/PICKING UP YOUR CHILD BEFORE/AFTER CLASSES.
- WE CANNOT PROVIDE CHILD CARE BEFORE OR AFTER CLASSES. PLEASE SUPERVISE YOUNGER CHILDREN IF THEY HAVE TO BE AT THE STUDIO FOR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME. THE LOBBY AREAS ARE QUIET AREAS SO STUDENTS CAN STUDY. WE DO HAVE A WI-FI PASSWORD AT THE FRONT DESK.
- PLEASE NOTIFY THE STAFF IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE IN THE LOBBY FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME (30 MINUTES OR MORE) EITHER BEFORE OF AFTER THEIR CLASSES. WE CANNOT PROVIDE CHILD CARE BEFORE OF AFTER CLASSES. WE NEED TO BE INFORMED FOR THEIR SAFETY.
- Be on time for your classes. This means in the classroom, dressed properly, and focused on learning. If you are late, please wait until an exercise is complete and ask permission to enter the class.
- Attend class regularly. Have fun!
- Do not leave class without permission.
- Show respect and support for all your fellow dancers.
- Show respect and courtesy to each of your teachers.
- Excessive talking and misbehavior will result in dismissal from class. Please do not wear your dance shoes outside. It ruins your shoes and our dance floors.
- Do not bring valuables to the studio. Please check the lost and found regularly. DO NOT BRING CELL PHONES INTO CLASSES UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY A TEACHER TO RECORD CHOREOGRAPHY.
- Please be quiet in the lobby while waiting for your class to begin. The lobby areas are QUIET ZONES for those students who wish to study and do homework. No running in the lobby. Please do not jump or stand on any of our furniture. Please use the sign out/sign in sheet at the front desk if you leave the studio at any time in between your classes.
- Please be respectful and mindful of the language, content and tone of all conversations in the lobby. There is no foul language, overt sexual content and talk of illegal activity allowed in our studio at anytime.
- TO KEEP BUGS, MICE AND OTHER PESTS AWAY, NO OUTSIDE FOOD IS ALLOWED IN OUR LOBBY AREAS. DRINKS MUST HAVE A LID OR CLOSED TOP. FOOD PURCHASED AT RESTAURANTS MUST BE EATEN AT THAT RESTAURANT OR OUTSIDE. FRUIT, SANDWICHES OR SNACKS BROUGHT FROM HOME MAY BE EATEN INSIDE BUT PLEASE THROW TRASH AWAY IN THE OUTSIDE TRASH CANS INSTEAD OF OUR LOBBY TRASH CANS. No gum, food or drink in the studios. Water bottles are permissible. PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES TO KEEP LOBBY CLEAN.
- The back corridor, staff office and janitor closet is for staff only.
- Please do not open the back doors at any time. These are emergency exits only.