Tap is a fun, high energy style that introduces rhythm patterns for the feet including standard time steps, percussive styles and more complicated steps from the Tap Syllabus.
- Level 1- Ages 6+- Beginning
- Level 2– Must have completed Tap 1
- Level 3- Must have completed Tap 2
- Level 4- Placement Only- Must have completed Tap 3
- Level 5- Placement Only- Must have completed Tap 4
- Level 6- Placement Only-Most advanced level -Must have completed Tap 5
- Beginning Teen Tap– No prior experience- beginning level.
Solid colored leotard, black tights or tan tights, black shorts or jazz pants, black jazz tap shoes- with a solid shank, not split-sole or suede bottom. Students should wear their hair in a ponytail or bun.
We request dancers have the following tap shoes:
Dancers 5-10 years old (non Ensemble dancers) – https://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_S0301G.html?pid=3043&Shop=Style&&skey=Bloch+tap+shoes&search=true&SortOrder=R&SID=1578232783
Dancers 10+ years old and all Ensemble dancers – https://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_S0313L.html?pid=8514&Shop=Style&&skey=Bloch+tap+shoes&search=true&SortOrder=R&SID=1578232783
Tap shoes can be purchased online or at your local dancewear store. Toe the Line in Buffalo Grove is a great local dancewear store that also sells shoes!