Hip Hop is a blend of today’s high energy “street style” movement with popping, locking and “house/ club” dancing. It is a fun, fast paced and high energy class focused on rhythmic dancing, cardio, and may include floor work. We place students by age at our beginning- intermediate levels.
Little Hip Hop-Ages 3-5- A fun introduction to Hip Hop classes!
- Level 1- 1st Grade-Beginner- No Prior Experience.
- Level 2- 2nd and 3rd Grades- Advanced Beginner.
- Level 3 and Funk & Groove- 4th and 5th Grades- Intermediate.
- Level 4- 6th and 7th Grades- Advanced Intermediate.
- Level 5- 8th and 9th Grades or Placement- Advanced.
- Level 6-Ages 14+ or Placement-Most Advanced Level.
Students not appropriately dressed will be asked to observe class. This includes missing shoes. This is for the safety of our students.
No jewelry in any class except for medical bracelets and small stud earrings.
Please have all hair accessories packed in your child’s dance bags or have their hair done before coming to class.
Hip Hop: T-shirt or leotard, black shorts or jazz pants, jazz shoes or jazz sneakers, hair in a ponytail or bun. If hair is short, it must be pulled back with a headband or barrettes.