Lincolnshire Academy of Dance COVID-19 Policy: November 23 2020
With the recent influx in Covid-19 cases in the Chicagoland area, we want to emphasize our health and safety protocols for dancers and their families. According to the Restore Illinois Wellness Screening, should any dancer answer yes to the following questions we require them to stay home and/or Zoom to class.
- Have you felt feverish?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you been experiencing difficulty breathing or shortness of breath?
- Do you have muscle aches?
- Have you had a new or unusual headache?
- Have you noticed a new loss of taste or loss of smell?
- Have you been experiencing chills?
- Do you have any gastrointestinal concerns (e.g., abdominal, pain, vomiting, diarrhea)?
- Is anyone in your household displaying any symptoms of COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge, have you or anyone in your household come into close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19? (Close contacts include household contacts, intimate contacts, or contacts within 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer)
The safety of our students, staff and families is always our number one priority. Our policies will be updated in accordance with Restore Illinois, CDC and Lake County Health Department Guidelines. Parents/guardians will be e-mailed the new guidelines as needed.
- All students should be dropped off no more than 5 minutes before class and picked up immediately after class. Students cannot wait in lobby areas in between their classes in order to comply with social distancing measures and limited capacity guidelines.
- If your child has traveled to high-risk states (Please see Illinois travel list) or countries, please have your child take class on zoom for 2 weeks before returning to in-studio classes.
- All instructors, students and parents/guardians will have their temperature checked upon entering the studio with a contactless thermometer. Anyone registering a temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to go home. They can return to the studio after they have been free from fever for 3 days.
- Please keep your child home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a temperature.
- If you or your child have had close contact with anyone diagnosed with or tested positive for COVID- 19, please stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days from the day you became aware of the individual’s positive diagnosis. If you tested negative after coming in contact with a Covid-19 positive person, you still must not come into the studio for 14 days since the test may be a false negative and/or be too early to show a viral load.
- All teachers, staff, students and parents/guardians are required to wear a mask at all times in the lobby areas and studios. We have extra child and adult face masks at the front desk for your convenience.