WELCOME BACK TO THE STUDIO! SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
The safety of our students, staff and families is always our number one priority. Our policies will be updated in accordance with Restore Illinois, CDC and Lake County Health Department Guidelines. Parents/guardians will be e-mailed the new guidelines as needed.
- Class sizes will be limited and physical distancing markers will be in place. There will be no partnering, hand holding, hands on corrections or use of props during class.
- All programming is drop off only as our lobby areas are closed. Parents may make payments at the front desk. Parents of 3-5 year olds should escort their children into the lobby, help them use the restroom before class as needed and help change their child’s shoes after they enter the studio and before exiting the studio. In case of emergency, parents should remain close to the studio & available via cell phone.
- All students should be dropped off no more than 5 minutes before class and picked up immediately after class. Students cannot wait in the lobby areas in between their classes in order to comply with social distancing measures and limited capacity guidelines. Anyone picking up students need to display the child’s or children’s names inside the window of their cars so the staff can escort the students out safely.
- Our lobby areas are free from furniture and cubbies and water fountains are closed. There will be assigned areas for coats and shoes.
- All parents need to submit a signed waiver after reading our studio and Covid-19 policies prior to your dancer’s first class. If your child has traveled to high risk states (Please see Illinois travel list) or countries, please have your child take class on zoom for 2 weeks before returning to in-studio classes.
- All instructors, students and parents/guardians will have their temperature checked upon entering the studio with a contactless thermometer. Anyone registering a temperature over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to go home. They can return to the studio after they have been free from fever for 3 days.
- Please keep your child home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a temperature.
- If you or your child have had close contact with anyone diagnosed with or tested positive for COVID- 19, please stay home and self quarantine for 14 days from the day you became aware of the indivdual’s positive diagnosis. If you tested negative after coming in contact with a Covid-19 positive person, you still must not come into the studio for 14 days since the test may be a false negative and/or be too early to show a viral load. We must keep the studio as safe as possible from a potential Covid situation.
- Upon entering and exiting the studio, everyone will sanitize hands at our sanitizing stations.
- All teachers, staff, students and parents/guardians are required to wear a mask at all times in the lobby areas and studios. We have extra child and adult face masks at the front desk for your convenience.
- Classes will end 5-10 minutes early to properly sanitize floors, ballet barres and all shared surfaces.
- All students must follow our policies and dress code. Dancers should arrive dressed in class attire whenever possible.
- Hip hop dancers should wear shoes in the building and change into clean gym shoes, jazz shoes or hip hop shoes prior to entering the dance studio.
- Dancers should only bring a small dance bag, water bottle and dance shoes. If cell phones are brought into the studio, they must remain in a plastic bag at all times. Our water fountains are closed.
- If we are forced to shut down due to Illinois mandates, all classes will be held on Zoom. No tuition refunds will be granted to a forced closure and all classes will be held virtually.
- Lincolnshire Academy of Dance cannot be held liable for any exposure to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) caused by misinformation or health history provided by each client.