- Contemporary dance is a fusion of all styles- ballet, jazz, lyrical, modern, etc. This form of dance is characterized by its versatility and can be danced to any style of music. Contemporary is designed for high school students and our most advanced dancers only. A high level of maturity and technique is required for these classes. The class will consist of improvisation, release and contract, contact improvisation and choreography.
- Beginning Teen Contemporary– A beginning contemporary class introducing basic contemporary fundamentals. Teen Ballet 2 or Teen Ballet 3 enrollment required.
- Introduction to Contemporary– An advanced beginning contemporary class. Ballet 4 enrollment required.
- Level 1– Intermediate contemporary class building on the foundation of contemporary fundamentals and technique. Ballet 5 enrollment required.
- Level 2– Advanced contemporary class. Ballet 6 enrollment required.
Female Identifying: Solid colored leotard, black or tan footless tights, black shorts or jazz pants, hair in a bun with hairnet and bobby pins.
Male Identifying: Form fitting t-shirt, black joggers or shorts
*students who do not identify as either male or female can choose from either of the options listed above